Articles of Faith
Primitive Baptists claim the scriptures as their sole rule of faith and practice, and therefore, are not bound to creeds of faith. However, most churches have summarized their interpretation of scriptures in various Articles of Faith. The following articles are those adopted by our congregation. They are similar to the statements of Primitive Baptists around the world.
1. We believe in the one true and living God: the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God and the only rule of faith and practice.
3. We believe in the doctrine of election and that God chose His people before the foundation of the world.
4. We believe in the doctrine of original sin.
5. We believe in man's impotency to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature by his own free will and ability.
6. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
7. We believe that God's elect shall be called, regenerated, and sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
8. We believe that the saints shall be preserved in grace and never fall finally away.
9. We believe that Baptism and the Lord's supper are ordinances of Jesus Christ, and that true believers are the only subjects of Baptism, and that immersion is the Apostolic mode.
10. We believe that as our Lord and Saviour washed His disciples feet, we ought to wash one another's feet.
11. We believe in the resurrection of the dead and in a general judgment, and that the felicity of the righteous will be eternal and the punishment of the wicked everlasting.
12. We believe a minister, one who has been regularly baptized, called, and has come under the imposition of hands by a presbytery, has the only right to administer the ordinances of the Church of Jesus Christ.
13. We believe that none but regularly baptized members have a right to commune at the Lord's table.